Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Walk this way...Part II

Mr. Salt and I finally made it once around the trail at the local park yesterday. I was proud that we did it! Mr. Salt has been very encouraging. If we keep it up, we'll both be in better health. Losing weight is just an added benefit.

Since we've started walking, it's been an effort to stay hydrated. Especially in this Texas heat. Prior to this, I never drunk a lot of water. Now, I'm on my second 3 cup bottle, which is a feat in and of itself. I've found if I drink a bottle while waiting for Mr. Salt to go to work, it's easier to drink more water throughout the day.

Food is another subject for me. I never eat enough. Usually, I just eat once a day. So for now, I've been trying to eat at least three times a day. SparkPeople is a great free website that helps track the food you eat, as well as offer plans to help you lose weight. It's a nifty site.

If Mr. Salt and I keep all this up, we'll both be in better health. Losing weight is just an added benefit. And doing this together makes our bonds stronger.

DineBoo, drinking her water

No comments: